Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 1 Pictures...


Ok, I'm finally at a computer where I can upload pictures, so here are a few pictures from Day 1, so you can understand what I was referring to.


This is the 'whale' that spit up Jonah in Jaffa

After leaving Tel Aviv and driving through Jaffa, we visited Caesaria, which was where King Herod had a palace and it was destroyed by the Muslims during the Crusades.



Remains of theAmphitheater at Caesaria

My mom and I at Caesaria (in the background, you can see one of Herod's palaces)


Mom and I again at Caesaria


 
Following Caesaria, we went to Megiddo, which is where the battle of Armageddon is supposed to occur.


Remains of Solomon's temple at Megiddo


On my chariot at Megiddo...

Remains of the Northern Stables

Inside the cisterne at Megiddo 

After Megiddo, we make a brief stop at Mt. Carmel, but I didn't really take any pictures there and then we headed to the city of Haifa.

View of Haifa from our restaurant

Temple in Haifa which is branch of Islam is responsible for taking care of.



Following this picture, we went to our hotel in Tiberius, which was on the shores of the Sea of Galilee.

Our first view of the Sea of Galilee


No comments:

Post a Comment