Friday, June 17, 2011

Masada

To start off Day 4, we headed to Masada, which is a fortress of Herod the Great's. Masada ended up becoming the final hold out for Jewish zealots who had rebelled against the Romans. When the Romans came to defeat them, the Jews who were there ended up committing mass suicide instead of being enslaved or killed. Two women and three children hid in a cistern and told the Romans what occurred at Masada.



Outside of Masada

Inside Masada

In the bathhouse

Synagogue

At Masada, the Talmud is being copied

My mom and I at Masada

with the Israel flag
An account of Masada by Josephus Flavius

Taking the cable car up to the top of Masada

Masada

The View from the top of Masada

With the frescoes

My mom at I at Masada

Part of our tour group

pretending to be a dove at the dovecot, where they housed doves

Another area of Masada



*When I have a better internet connection, I will post my videos from Masada which explain the area a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment